DAGESTAN, 24 February, Caucasus Times. In Makhachkala, coal gas poisoning has killed the family of Kurban Kubasaev, Head of the local Office of the Federal Antimonopoly Service, in their own apartment. Kubasaev’s wife, two sons, daughter and his nephew died as a result of coal gas poisoning. The reason for the poisoning was defective heating equipment produced in Iran.
Polit.ru web site reported that Kurban Kubasaev was in Essentuki at that time. On 23 February after several unsuccessful attempts to reach his family by phone he asked his neighbors to find out what has happened. His neighbors discovered killed persons.